Sunday, June 5, 2011

Brief Update on Life

Dear family, friends, colleagues, etc.,

It´s been a while since I´ve sent out a mass email like this, but given that
I´m turning to a new chapter in the journey of my life, I thought it
appropriate to share my upcoming plans with all of you. Though I had the
good fortune of seeing some of you just last week at various send-offs in
New York, many of us haven´t connected in a while and I would love to hear
what you´re all up to these days.

After almost three great years working with phenomenal colleageus and
partners as a sustainability strategy consultant for GreenOrder -- a firm
dedicated to helping companies grow and profit from environmental
innovation -- I have decided to deepen my understanding of the legislative,
political, and contractural side of green business by pursuing a legal
education at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City. I´m not
100% sure where my studies will take me, but I´m excited about the unknown
and expect to come out with a broader perspective and the cognative tools to
make an increasingly impactful contribution to society. I look forward to
staying in touch and continuing to learn from all of you.

Within the last week and half, I joined the ranks of the voluntarily
unemployed, gave away my cell phone and laptop, packed up my entire
apartment into a storage unit in Newark, NJ, and took off for
Europe with my parents and brother.

Today I traveled from Madrid, our first destination, to Granada, in the
south of Spain. While my parents and brother will be returning to the US in late
June after a tour through Spain and Italy, I will be staying on for a few days in Rome
(to visit my former host family from when I studied abroad in 2007), then making my
way to Berlin (where a close friend and former colleague now lives), and then finally
settling in Paris for a month.

In Paris, I will be joined by my wonderful girlfriend Lana, who recently won
a summer fellowship to work in a lab researching Alzheimers just a few
minutes walk from the Luxembourg Garden. There, I plan to spend most days
sketching, painting, drawing, exploring, and enjoying life relatively
"off-the-grid" before returning in August to hit the books.  If you´re interested in
commissioning anything, just let me know (I´m only half joking).

In an effort to catalogue my travels and capture my thoughts, I´ll be
blogging and posting artwork along the way. Feel free to follow along at
http://www.summerbeforethelaw.blogspot.com/.

I look forward to cathching up with many of you in person in August and hope
you all have an amazing summer. Until then...

All the best,

Andrew


No comments:

Post a Comment